Last updated - 14th April 2010
Information Collection and UseWe collect information from our users and their computers when they view our web sites. We collect both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information. We also collect information from you when you request support or make enquiries about our products or services.
We may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information at various points while you use our web sites, such as when you register for a web site account or when you purchase products or services from us. Examples of the types of personally identifiable information we collect range from your e-mail address to your name, address, phone or fax number, e-mail address, and credit card information.
We also may use some of this information in anonymous or statistical forms, such as aggregating geographic information from user addresses or types of industries in which users work, to better understand our customers. We also may ask you to optionally provide us information about your interests to be used for similar purposes. We will ask your permission before using this type of information in a way that personally identifies you.
Log FilesWe use the information in our server log files to analyse trends in the usage of our web sites, to administer and maintain our web sites, to track a user's path through our web sites, and to gather broad demographic statistics about our web sites and the ways in which they are used. Most of the information in these files is not unique to you as an individual, such as the files requested and pages you visit on our web sites, the web sites from which you may have been referred to our web sites, and information about the type of browser you use and its settings. Some of the log files contain IP addresses and other personally identifiable information, which are used to identify user connections and to resolve technical issues related to administration of our web sites.
'Cookies' are a type of file stored on your internet device (PC, Phone or Tablet). They are used by us and other websites to enable you to login, shop and personalise your online experience. Cookies can also be used to track your activity and behaviour online. They will provide us with important insights into the quality of our service, which will enable us to improve our services and provide a better experience for you.
Some types of cookies can also be used to track your activity across lots of different websites. This builds up a profile of your interests. It also enables companies to target you with adverts that they think you are more likely to be interested in.
Transparent GIF filesIn addition to our own cookies, we use pixels, or transparent GIF files, on our sites to help manage our online advertising and email marketing. These GIF files are provided by one or more third-party service providers, based on our specification as to where they are used. The files enable our service providers to recognise a unique cookie in your web browser, which in turn enables us and our services providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site.
Examples of the ways in which We Deliver Sales Ltd and our third party service providers use GIF files include:
- Tracking customer response to our advertisements, emails and site content
- Determining your ability to receive HTML-based email messages. This capability helps us or our service providers send you email in a format you can read
- Knowing how many users open an email and allowing our service providers to compile aggregated statistics about an email campaign for us
- Allowing us to better target interactive advertising; enhancing customer support and site usability; and providing offers and promotions that we believe would be of interest to you - if you've given us permission to do so by opting-in to receiving them
Disclosure of InformationWe will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary
- To fulfill your requests for products or services
- To protect the security of our software, services, web sites, and users
- To protect ourselves from liability
- To respond to legal process or comply with law
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
We occasionally contract with other companies to provide limited services to us or on our behalf, such as billing or customer support services. When we do so, we provide these companies with only limited access to personally identifiable information.
In addition, we may occasionally join with other reputable companies to provide users with third party products and services. We will notify you at the time that you sign up for these products or services that these third parties will obtain personally identifiable information to provide the requested products or services. This Privacy Statement does not cover these companies' use of the information.
SecurityWe take measures to protect the security of personally identifiable information we hold about you. These measures include
- Encrypting sensitive information during transmission,
- Limiting the number of our employees who have access to personally identifiable information,
- Requiring employees with access to personally identifiable information to take appropriate measures to safeguard it.
- Storing your information in secure places that are protected using standard security technologies.